Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Internet Dating Blues

Around and around the internet dating carnival ride goes.  I get a message, and it's a decent one, so I reply.  We get on.  We may move to skype or we may not.  And then it gets stuck.  The infinite loop of emails through cm, far too many conversations in Skype, and no meeting.  It's wasted months of my life at this point.

I suppose there's a variety of reasons this happens.  Even I have to admit that I've talked to men that I wasn't terribly keen on with the intent to give them a chance only to decide later it really wasn't going to happen.  Whether it be a photograph that did match the cam image or a personality that didn't match the eloquent emails I was receiving, I understand that what people think they are getting in a profile and the reality can be incongruent to say the least.

It amazes me though that I still get emails from married men.  This just slays me.  I am so very clear in my profile about what I am seeking, so what on earth would think I'd give them even a whisper of a chance.  The only time I made that mistake both of us ended up hurt, and it wasn't at all worth it.

Valentines Day is rapidly approaching yet again, and I am still single after 9 years on CM.  I get why people give up, but will you ever be truly happy seeking a relationship where you need to pretend to be something you're not?   I don't even have that option.   I can't act!

Over the last year I took some time to work on my career, hence my disappearance.  I also had nothing major to report as far as dating was concerned.  I had my heart broken by someone I clicked really well with, but who was really using CM for amusement while his wife did the real breadwinning.  When the cat's away and all that....

I'm over it.  Moving on.

2 comments:

  1. I can completely relate. I didn't spend 9 years single but I did spend a few years and it was less dating and more a mix between gladiators and a circus. :) I didn't have any luck on CM at all. I wound up meeting my boy randomly on cl, of all places. Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi and I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi back, and thanks. I read a bit of your blog too. My only experiences with cl haven't been positive. Where I live now I would most likely not find someone on my education level, but perhaps once I get out of here and to a major city the options will improve.

    ReplyDelete